Friday 20 July 2012

Radiography

Post that's bound to upset people, but this blog wasn't designed to make people feel good about themselves, its about my life, its probably the only place I can actually talk about me without worrying, because once its out there its done, and fuck the consequences.

As many of you will know, I'm studying radiography at uni, and I'm currently on a 6 week placement at south shields district hospital, but what hardly any of you (unless the people I work with read this, no one) will know, I put in ridiculous hours because I say I "love the job"

And this is true, I do love it, dealing with and helping people makes me happier than a pig in shit, but its actually done something amazing.

Before I started to course, I saw life as something in between birth and death, just a pain, because let's be honest, the whole worlds fucked up, you found the little things that made you happy and lived day to day putting up with life until these good things came around (used to have diving, and I figured back then diving did for me what I now realise radiography does for me) but other than that life was a giant disappointment that you tried to make hurt as little as possible until the end (not something I'd done very well at until now, but that's another (and VERY upsetting) story)

But going in every day and helping those patients, making them feel at ease, and helping them with their problems (be it a little old lady with a fractured wrist, or a young lad who's fallen off his bike) both physically, but more importantly, psychologically (such as making them feel at ease even though they don't know what's wrong with them) right now? Knowing that I've done this, and in mere weeks (8 after this placements over) I'll be back again helping different patients with different problems, actually makes the bad seem like a mild irritation, and the bad stuff has taken the place of the old good stuff, and the good stuff, is now in majority.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate the whole world and the people in it, because the selfishness of people makes me sick, but knowing that I can make a tangible (a word I used in my personal statement, which was basically all lies back then) difference on someone's life, means I can ignore the disgustingness of the world we live in and just get on and be happy, and isn't that what lifes about?

Something for you all to chew on!


Liam
OUT!
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? look forward to reading your opinions!