Wednesday 18 July 2012

Interesting past few days :P

WELL! So much has happened in the past few days :P so I'll start with the pictures,

On monday I went up to theatre in the morning to watch someone get a pace maker fitted, which, for those who don't know, means the room can't be airconditioned, and it was VERY warm, as lots of people were in the room watching to make sure the patient was okay, and I started to feel a bit funny, but I thought it was just head rush, so I stepped back against the wall to let it pass and figured I'll get close and watch again in 5 minutes, next thing I know, I was waking up on the floor being told I'd collapsed and smashed my head on the way down (resulting in me being taken to resus and sitting there for 2 hours or something while a load of tests were done on me)

Remember a few seconds before I came round something swam to the font of my mind, but was lost in a swirl of colours.

Had a complete black out and hearing went when I was outside theatre, stayed stabled but completely lost all sensory action (I have no sense of smell anyway, no one really tastes unless there's something in their mouth, I couldn't see a thing, and I couldn't here anything, if it wasn't for my sense of touch staying (I could feel the sweat POURING off me and the stool I was sat on) I'd have been in a state of pure consciousness with no connection between my body and my mind, it was VERY fun, because I could think clearer than ever before. I was then lifted onto a trolley (I'm 6ft 2 so this can't have been an easy feat for someone) and when I led flat the world came back, which was upsetting, as I was grappling with some tough mental shit while I wasn't being stimulated by the outside world.

Long story short, they did their tests, decided I was fine, and I went back to work that afternoon, got a cracking black eye that's fun to make stories up about

Then YESTERDAY I went to donate blood (because I'm such a nice guy) and the guy that was taking it hit a nerve and THE most intense pain I've ever felt shot down my arm, resulting in swearing and screaming on my part.

Today I had my assessment! I'll keep you informed when I've got the results, but even that didn't go great, was setting up for a foot x-ray and bashed my head on the tube in front of the patient, white flash of light and me going "OOH! BUMPER!" (Obviously couldn't swear in front of the patient :P) but my tutor DID say my patient care is very good and beyond what a first year student should display so not all bad

Enjoy the pictures of me in a hospital bed and with a black eye ;)

Liam

OUT!

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? look forward to reading your opinions!