Sunday 19 February 2012

Busses

I seem to spend a lot of time on the bus these days, travelling back and forth between carlisle and newcastle, its actually tiring me out xP but ache well, I digress.

Back to south shields today to do my 4th week of placement :D its been a month but its amazing how far everyone's come, considering at the start we were all bloody useless, couldn't position for anything and just stood and watched, now we actually do things, the qualified radiographers just stand and watch as we do our thing and sometimes make slight adjustments to what we've done, and sometimes don't

Starting to feel like I'm more confident in what I know though, without hesitation I'll set up for, and take, a chest xray (all under supervision of course) and 8-9/10 of the time it'll be good enough to be diagonosticly (spelling error me thinks) relevant or of better quality, then the odd one you cut of the costafrenic (again, spelling) angles and you have to do another xray.

Hands and feet are coming along nicely, need to fine tune some positions to get them up to my level of expectation, but I always criticise my own work harshly, because I think it helps me be a better radiographer in the end.

And my clinical tutor said that the way I deal with patients on there level is superb and isn't something you can teach (hell, who knew, 5 years of diving and being in and around the dive centre has finally paid off)

I know I've made this promise before, but I'm gonna try and make this a more regular thing :)


Liam


OUT!
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? look forward to reading your opinions!