Wednesday 29 June 2011

quick update before i shoot off

hey everyone :D

got to dash off to prepare for my divemaster practical today, which im not prepared for, because of exams, but ho hum :P

went diving yesterday at capernwray dive centre with my good friend Mr lythgo from reefers and wreckers =] (i don't remember if that's the right spelling of his name) was a truly amazing day, first dive we followed the wall round at about 14-17 meters for about 50 minutes, then we dropped into the sump (that has a depth of 20+ meters) played around in there for about 5 minutes and came back, all in all, 65 minutes underwater, was about 15-18 degrees, so was wonderfully warm :D serious thermocline (region where temp rapidly drops) at 15 meters though

second dive, saw a bit more, mainly because we set out with that intention xD 2 meter plat, 6 meter plat, Cessna aeroplane, onto the answer, then straight across the the african queen, on to the container, complete with helicopter and an oil rig, through that, onto the BBIIGGG passenger plane (its a HS 748 G-BVOV for anyone who's more into planes than me) through the plane, up onto the wall (lost my way for a second, undershot my distance) up onto the devil and lord lucan (old fiber glass horse from Blackpool, if you're too young to remember it, google it :) ) onto shergar (same thing) then left onto the dreamer, then onto thunderbird 4, then turned round and came home :D all in all, 46 minutes with a max depth of 17.5 meters

all in all, a good day :D

and today I'm spending all day at the dive shop sorting out my kit, and my theory and a load of other peoples kit for this weekend (did i mention i was going the farne islands yet? if not, I'M GOING THE FARNE ISLANDS THIS WEEKEND !! :D :D :D)

so I'll let you know how the first of my 3 practical assessments goes tonight =] wish me luck!


Liam


OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? look forward to reading your opinions!